SVS Prime Satellite Bookshelf Surround Speakers
How To Order
- Purchase Online
Add to cart and checkout online
- Phone Order
Call us on 02 9651 4922 to talk to a real person.
Big sound from a compact cabinet, the Prime Satellite speaker punches well above its class with impressive dynamics and pinpoint accuracy. Serves perfectly in a 5.1 home theater as surrounds or front left/right speakers with a subwoofer. Easily mounts to a wall or bracket.
- Additional information
Prime Satellite Speaker
From the moment you feel the heft of the Prime Satellite speakers, you understand they’re not the typical compact satellite speaker designed primarily for lifestyle or visual appeal. The Prime Satellite is a bona fide high performance loudspeaker that deftly plays any role in a home theatre or audio system, and shatters expectations while doing it.
No satellite speakers have ever offered the level of rigorous design, high-end components and precise build quality in a such a super compact cabinet. The Prime Satellite conveys stunning dynamic impact and convincing detail and refinement well beyond what’s expected from such a small speaker. It easily mounts on any wall or ceiling, or sits on any surface, and is painstakingly voiced to blend with all speakers from the SVS Prime and Ultra Series lines. It’s also neutral sounding enough to integrate seamlessly with speakers from other brands in multi-channel home theatre surround sound systems. These factors give the Prime Satellite incredible flexibility to serve in many different roles depending on the layout of your room and the specific needs of your system.
Engineering a small speaker to sound massive while maintaining detail and refinement means compromises aren’t an option. Every aspect of the Prime Satellite speakers was designed for sonic excellence. From the premium grade driver and sophisticated SoundMatch crossover to the extra-thick baffle, internal bracing, and FEA optimised tweeter diffuser, the Prime Satellite speaker’s design and engineering credentials put it in the realm of much costlier, and much larger speakers.
Prime Driver & Tweeter Design
Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the 4.5-inch mid-woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that’s free from colouration. The cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies.
The Prime Satellite speaker’s 1-inch aluminium dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes. The clarity offers a sense of utter transparency, while offering an ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue always sound natural, crisp and smooth.
Innovative SoundMatch Crossover Design
Since premium drivers require an equally capable crossover, no expense was spared with the innovative SVS SoundMatch 2-way crossover. Its tapered array is designed to minimize the potential for beaming. This creates an expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, with accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design and Geometry
Tapered edges on the Prime Satellite speaker’s front baffle, known as chamfers, minimise edge diffraction for clear and precise soundstaging. The cabinet’s presence offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements like shorting rings and a tweeter diffuser which add performance-driven style. All of these advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that’s easily mountable anywhere, and available in stunning piano gloss black, piano gloss white or premium black ash finish.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data
- Rated bandwidth: 69 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash, piano gloss black, and piano gloss white finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75″ (H) X 4.9″ (W) X 6″ (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85″ (H) X 4.9″ (W) X 6.3″ (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 11.7″ (H) X 13.9″ (W) X 8.9″ (D)
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7″ (H) X 20.3″ (W) X 8.9″ (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds (3kg)
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds (6.7kg)
1” Aluminium Dome Tweeter
- FEA-optimised diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminium dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behaviour
- Aluminium shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABBY-fibreglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimises air compression artefacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behaviour
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimised grilles minimise diffraction
- FEA-optimised cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
|Carton Dimensions||30 × 35 × 22 cm|
Black Ash, Gloss Black, Gloss White