Martin Logan Motion 8i Compact Centre Speaker
How To Order
- Purchase Online
Add to cart and checkout online
- Phone Order
Call us on 02 9651 4922 to talk to a real person.
Audiophile performance without an audiophile price. Inspired by the clarity and detail of MartinLogan’s ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, Motion 8i features a Folded Motion tweeter, dual 4-inch paper cone woofers, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network in a compact and affordable package. Flexible installation options allow table top or on-wall installation. Motion 8i mounts horizontally or vertically, ideal for placement around a wall-mounted flat screen television
- Additional information
Inspired by MartinLogan’s ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion® Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends our exquisite Folded Motion® transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that “squeeze” air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Frequency Response: 70–23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—180 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 89 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 3,000 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1″ × 1.4″ (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ × 1.75″ (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 4″ (10.2cm) paper cone with stamped steel basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes. Sealed.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style with banana jacks
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. (3.85 kg)
- Dimensions: 5.6″ x 22.25″ x 5.2 “, (14.2cm x 56cm x 13.2cm)
|Carton Dimensions||65 × 21 × 19 cm|