Martin Logan Motion FX Surround Speakers
How To Order
- Purchase Online
Add to cart and checkout online
- Phone Order
Call us on 02 9651 4922 to talk to a real person.
MartinLogan’s Motion FX surround speaker offers enveloping audio performance that is ideal for large, medium, and small rooms. Motion FX features dual Folded Motion tweeters in a wide dispersion configuration. The Motion FX excels in either bookshelf or on-wall installations. The design lends itself easily to on-wall installation in a corner, flat on a wall, or angled on a wall.
- Additional information
The key to Motion FX’s performance is the lightning fast response of the tweeter’s lightweight diaphragm combined with a surface area that’s eight-times larger than that of a typical one-inch dome tweeter. The 5.25″ paper cone woofer is doped for stability and damping and includes a rigid dust cap. The result of all this technology is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
The Motion FX excels in either bookshelf or on-wall installations. The design lends itself easily to on-wall installation in a corner, flat on a wall, or angled on a wall.
The MartinLogan Motion Series
Inspired by MartinLogan’s ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends the company’s exquisite Folded Motion™ transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Folded Motion™ Tweeter
MartinLogan’s exclusive and highly innovative Folded Motion™ Tweeter helps gives Motion speakers their fantastically realistic highs. Lightning fast transient response, combined with a large surface area (eight-times that of a typical 1″ dome tweeter) creates clear, highly dynamic, and precise sound.
The Folded Motion™ Tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm “squeezes” air and requires almost 90 percent less excursion than the typical 1″ dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lighting fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Frequency Response: 70–25,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—160 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 160°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 4500 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: Two 1″ × 1.4″ (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ × 1.75″ (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: 5.25″ (13.3cm) paper cone with cast aluminum basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes. Folded bass reflex port.
- Components: Custom air core coil inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style with banana jacks
- Weight: 9.5 lbs. (4.4 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.1″ x 12″ x 6 “, (28.2cm x 30.5cm x 15.2cm)
|Carton Dimensions||37 × 37 × 26 cm|