Martin Logan Motion 4i Compact Speakers
How To Order
- Purchase Online
Add to cart and checkout online
- Phone Order
Call us on 02 9651 4922 to talk to a real person.
Audiophile performance without an audiophile price. Inspired by the clarity and detail of MartinLogan’s ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, Motion 4i features a Folded Motion tweeter, 4-inch paper cone woofer, and a proprietary Vojtko crossover network in a compact and affordable package. Low-frequencies are enhanced by a rear-firing Cascading Bass Reflex Port, a unique, long-volume port that delivers surprisingly big bass from a remarkably compact loudspeaker. Flexible installation options allow table top or on-wall installation. Motion 4i can also mount upside down to facilitate placement high on a wall. Available in gloss black.
- Additional information
Inspired by MartinLogan’s ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion® Series was created to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo. MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly blends our exquisite Folded Motion® transducers with powerful, compact bass technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity.
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price.
Folded Motion® Tweeters
The signature Folded Motion tweeters utilize extremely low mass diaphragms that “squeeze” air, and require significantly less excursion than the typical 1-inch dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
Flexible installation options allow table top or on-wall installation of all four speakers. The Motion 2i and 4i bookshelf speakers can also mount upside down to facilitate placement high on a wall. The Motion 6i and 8i mount horizontally or vertically around a wall-mounted flat screen television.
Cascading Bass Reflex Port
MartinLogan engineers were faced with a daunting task—create a compact speaker with low-end bass reproduction found in speakers much, much larger. After many sleepless night and a myriad of prototypes, they created the Cascading Bass Reflex Port. This brilliant solution allows a long tuned port, which is folded over itself (think of a trombone’s tuning arm) to be compacted and squeezed into the Motion 4i. The result is amazingly detailed low bass that can play at high volumes with minimum distortion—all thanks to the elegantly simple cascading fold that slows down and controls the air motion of the bass waves.
Specifications are subject to change without notice
- Frequency Response: 70–23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20—150 watts per channel
- Horizontal Dispersion: 80°
- Vertical Dispersion: 80°
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Crossover Frequency: 2,900 Hz
- High Frequency Transducer: 1″ × 1.4″ (2.6cm × 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25″ × 1.75″ (13.3cm × 4.4cm) diaphragm
- Low Frequency Transducer: 4″ (10.2cm) paper cone with stamped steel basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes. Folded bass reflex port.
- Components: Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style with banana jacks
- Weight: 6 lbs. (2.72 kg)
- Dimensions: 12.6″ x 5.6″ x 5.7 “, (32cm x 14.3cm x 14.5cm)
|Carton Dimensions||44 × 21 × 18 cm|