Monitor Audio Super Slim CSS230 In Ceiling Speaker
How To Order
- Purchase Online
Add to cart and checkout online
- Phone Order
Call us on 02 9651 4922 to talk to a real person.
The CSS230 is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50 mm (2″) mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
- Additional information
Between 2″ stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3″ mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 6 1/2″ driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50 mm (2″) designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one (pictured right)
- Driver configuration of three 3″ C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with décor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing CB6 pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||100 Hz – 30 kHz Sealed ‘CP’ (85 Hz – 30 kHz Open Back)|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohms|
|Sensitivity (1 W @ 1 m)||86 dB|
|Maximum SPL||103.8 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||40 Watts – Full Range (60 Watts with Crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)|
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements||10 – 60 W|
|Drive Unit Complement||3 x 3″ C-CAM Cone Bass-Mid Drivers, 1 x 19 mm (3/4″) C-CAM Gold Dome Tweeter|
|Crossover Recommendation||100 Hz at a Minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave Optimum)|
|Connection||Gold Plated Sprung Push Terminals – For Bare Wire Connection up to 4 mm(2)|
|Overall Diameter (Including Grille)||250 mm (9 13/16″)|
|Overall Depth (Including Grille)||54 mm (2 1/8″)|
|Cut-Out Hole Diameter||211 mm (8 1/4″)|
|Mounting Depth||50 mm (2″)|
|Optional Square Grille – Outer Dimensions||249 x 249 mm (9 3/16″)|
|Fixing Type||3 Position Tri-Grip Dog Fixings|
|Construction Material||ABS (UL94 Rated, RoHS 2 Compliant) – Painted Steel Grille|
|Weight||2.88 kg (6 lb 5 oz)|
|Pre-Construction Bracket||CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket (Purple)|
|Sold As||Single Unit|
|Carton Dimensions||30 × 30 × 20 cm|